Monday, April 21, 2008

OD - Obsession Delayed



I caught the tale end of Episode 13, The Thin Line Between Chuck and Nate. I was obsessed.

As soon as was humanly possible I scrambled to the CW site, not a good website btw, and watched all of the posted episodes...backwards...on accident of course. At first I thought it was just a random sampling and by the time I realized they were in order from most recent to oldest I thought, duh.

There were only four episodes online. I almost cried.

Except someone on youtube has all of the episodes posted so I was happy again.

Basically, I spent all day Saturday watching Gossip Girl and loving every millisecond of it.

I haven't felt this kind of obsession over a tween drama since The O.C. Apparently neither have the New York Magazine writers. http://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/46225/

My only concern, since I am adult now, is that the show is geared towards too young of a crowd. I'm sorry but if I caught my 14-yr-old drinking a dirty gin martini she would be in deep shit.* Not to mention the drug use and all of the sex. Who am I kidding? I saw Boogie Nights when I was in 8th grade and it scared the crud out of me. And by it, I mean the giant fake peen at the end. All I'm saying is that I just hope the kids watching this realize that this is a t.v. show and not reality.

Back to my point. I can't wait for the new episode tonight, especially to see what is up with this new Georgina chick. And can I just say that the actors have really cool real names? Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Leighton Meester? Say Meester out loud and I dare you not to laugh. I guess her Dad is Mr. Meester??!! Bwahahaha.

Saturday I had a revelation. What if I move to New York, enroll in a posh Upper East Side private school, and wear really stylish clothes? I mean, who cares that I'm a twenty-something? I could definitely pass for a junior or senior in high school. This is really a brilliant plan. Who's with me?

*I do not have children and children are not in the near future. Phew, I feel better now.

No comments: