1) shaved their legs
2) did not have dreads
3) did not have some sort of hippy free-flowing skirt on.
However, it is a lot more mainstream now so I'm sure my khaki shorts will fit in better than they did before.
The Headliners Are:
Metallica (I LOOOOOVEEE Metallica)
Jack Johnson (Love almost as much as Metallica)
Kanye West (Not a HUGE fan but wouldn't mind seeing him)
Other Great Acts:
Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) & Alison Krauss
Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead) & Friends (saw them in '02, great)
The Allman Brothers
B.B. King (what?!)
Iron & Wine (think The Last Kiss / Garden State)
I haven't even gotten to the bottom half of the list.
Okay, last time I went, it was ridiculously hot. This year I will be better prepared. Here is how to prepare for Bonnaroo:
- Grow leg and armpit hair out starting 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.
- Purchase some hippy clothing or used clothing from a thrift store. Also dig out birkenstock sandals from bottom of closet.
- Practice dancing like a wet noodle, no jerky movements.
- If you are really wanting to look like a true 'roo goer, start growing dreads now. This is done by not washing your hair. That's all I know.
- Learn "street" names for drugs so that when propositioned by crazy-looking hippy girl, you won't look like a deer in headlights, oh wait, maybe that just happened to me...
What to do when there:
- Dance like a wet noodle.
- Do NOT do ANY sort of bathing at the water troughs. (I give you permission to wash your hands).
- Get to the headlines early to get a good spot.
- Just Say No.
- Have a couple of drinks prior to concerts so that you can dance like a wet noodle and not feel stupid.
So, who's with me?