Tuesday, December 2, 2008

When Texting Is Not Acceptable

Much as there is cell phone etiquette, there is texting etiquette. As much as I'd love to hear the soundtrack of your urine being deposited into the ceramic basin known as a toilet, let's not go there. Other times people should not "go there" via a text:

  1. Saying I Love You for the first time. If you are texting it, do you really mean it? Or are you just a complete wuss?
  2. Breaking up with someone. Unless you are on a mission trip in the Congo, this is totally unacceptable.
  3. Wishing a good friend Happy Birthday. Again, how much do you really mean it if you can't pick up the phone and at least say it?
  4. Talking about your bowel movements. This is only okay with certain friends who have cleared talking about bathroom business with you.
  5. Texting during church, at the dinner table, or during a phone call.

Please feel free to submit your own ideas of when it is not okay to text.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

During a movie. Andy and I went to our annual movie the other day and one of the millions of annoying things that happened during that movie, not including the MOST annoying woman sitting next to me, was this girl in front of me that kept looking at her phone and the LCD light about blinded me. AHHHH I almost told her how rude she was but Andy would have gotten mad at me so I just suffered through it.